There seems to be a little bit of confusion after I posted the video “AIDS denialists file DMCAs against me” about the exact number of DMCAs I had received. This is understandable considering at the time I had three active strikes against my account which usally results in loss of ability to upload videos and channel deletion. However for some unknown reason my channel was still up and I still had the ability to upload. I don’t know if this was a glitch or the lovely people at YouTube helping out, but this protection did not last very long. As soon as Martin Penny and Knowledge Matters LLC found out, they filed yet another DMCA. With four active DMCAs against me, I was told that my channel would be deleted within a week and that all my hard work over the past three years would vanish into the ether. I asked for help from the fine people of the internet and I was truly overwhelmed by the response. I had people getting me in contact with lawyers in both the UK and the USA, people contacting their MPs and others writing blogs, posting videos & tweeting about this inexcuable censorship. One of the organisations I was put in contact with was the EFF who began to help me counter the DMCAs. Just over a week after the first DMCA was filed all my videos were put back online which is very strange considering there is usually a two-week counter notice period. It turns out that YouTube intervened in this situation and put my videos up as soon as possible. 20 internet points for you there people of YouTube!!!! This sound like the best outcome, however, now is not quite the time for celebration as the AIDS denialists have decided to take another approch to silence me. They decided to attack me in the real world.
I first became aware of this when I received an email from linked-in informing me that my profile has received unusually amount of traffic from a man named Dejorn Goldsmith. I thought this was a little bizarre as I never used my linked-in as its not a finished profile as it does not contain all my qualifications or all my previous employers. In all honesty I don’t even know why I had it, so I decided to remove it that night. Soon after I received a message from a reporter saying that Liam Scheff (the star of part 5 of my mini series and the first person to illegally file a DMCA against me) had found it necessary to shoehorn my personal information in a email he wrote to him. By the way if you want to see what a nasty venomous man Liam is I have posted excerpts of the messages he has sent me here.
About a month ago I published part 5 of my mini series debunking the AIDS denialist film House of Numers. In this video I was critiquing a short one minute clip where Liam Scheff was claiming that the paper ‘Heterosexual Transmission of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in Northern California: Results from a Ten-year Study’ was proof that HIV can’t be transmitted through Heterosexual sex. Liam was not very happy with my video, and to silence my criticism, he filed a false DMCA against it, but removed it a few days later – presumably so his friends Martin Penny and the people at Knollege Matters LLC could file theirs. Over the next two weeks Liam constantly spammed my Facebook page with insults and legal threats. Below are snippets of just some of what he published which I think give a fair represention of what kind of person Liam is.
- Hey deathhead. How long before your groomers start writing pieces for you – that you publish? Brian Deere, Seth Kalichman, John Moore. You meet any of these deathheads yet? Their arms way up your arse, princess?
- Myles, you look really small. Is that where your hatred comes from? I’m not picking on you, I’m just asking.
- Listen – about that study that you misunderstood because you’re retarded
- I will retract my claim against you for stealing. You’re a cunt, but that’s your business.
- Okay? Little bitch? Hopefully you’ll stop whining and crying soon and get back to lying and bitching. And, yeah, I’m really glad to meet you – because you’re such just excellent fodder, and people are going to love watching you squirm.
- Every week we’ll be visiting Myles to see what the little dumpster is puking out. He’s so entertaining, I don’t know how I missed it. It’s like the nazis hired Michael Sheen to write propaganda for them.
- I’m older than you are, so I’m not familiar with the spoiled little arrogant entitled destroy-everything-and-care-about-nothing school of thought that seems to be de rigeur among yourself and your horrible, trashy, servile fans…
- I don’t think it was false if it was upheld. And you can reply, contest it, and claim fair use. You just have to make the argument, I believe, which you’ve decided you won’t do, because you have to reveal who you really are in print. Who your channel belongs to, who runs it, and maybe who owns you.
- You’re free to argue with me, or anyone. But you’re libeling, slandering, and lying.
- Thanks – you could have just asked to use some of the video. I would have said no, because it’s not for ‘educational’ purposes. You’re doing propaganda.
- And what about those statistics from the ‘retrospective’ bit that Myles is so hard for? I mean… .0009%. Nine out of 10,000 good, hard screws with an ‘hiv positive’
- He’s a shill. He’s paid. He’s got his day job, and someone thought he’d be a good front for the “pro-science” crowd, which is just a pro-disinfo arm of the petrol/pharma conglomerate.
I have been DMCAed again!!!
This time it was agains the video “Holly Riley – A cure for autism caused by vaccinations” (Video can still be found on blip here) filed by Larry Cook (YouTube and Facebook)
This is yet another example of illegal misuse of the DMCA!
He is also gloating on his facebook about him committing perjury and is clearly aware that my video was a critique of his.
I play with ferrofluids and some superconductors provided by Myles Powers.
Looks like this is goodbye :(
I have received yet another DMCA from Martin Penny and the people at Knowledge Matters LLC. This means that my account will be terminated in 7 days and I will be prohibited from creating a new account in the future.
If you think what is happening here is as disgusting as I do could you please point me in the direction of people who could help.
Could I also ask you to share my story with anyone who will listen – newspapers, MPs, bloggers, youtubers, etc.
Bye guys :(
Do what you think is right.
Over the past two months I have been making a series of videos critical of the documentary House of Numbers. I gave examples of how the documentary edited people mid-sentence to change the meaning of what they are saying, lied about the sequence and dates of a series of HIV tests in order to convince people that the tests are useless, and missed out vital information about the death of a little girl from AIDS related illnesses, but allowed her now deceased mother to tell people the documentary not to take their anti-viral medication. These videos are non-profit and made for educational purposes and fall well within fair use, yet over the past week, multiple DMCAs have been filed against them.
The first DMCA filed against me was from Liam Scheff who starred in part 5 of my video series. Liam believes that my videos are not protected under fair use because they are not made for educational purposes, but instead for propaganda. Over the last week, Liam has been constantly posting on my Facebook and has called me a retard, a cunt, a little bitch and, of course, a paid shill. Yet at the same time believes that I have been slandering him. What is also bizarre is that even though Liam has made it clear of his intentions to drag me through the courts, at the same time he does not think I am a real person but part of Myles Power inc. Liam later went on to remove his DMCA, but by filing it in the first place he has left himself open to legal action.
As soon as part 5 was restored, it was taken immediately down by Martin Penny and the people at Knowledge Matters, who then decided to file 2 more DMCA takedowns against part 1 and 2. I want to take this time to remind people that there are multiple copies of House of Numbers uploaded to YouTube. If Martin Penny and the people at Knowledge Matters truly thought I was infringing copyright, then why are they not going after people who uploaded the entire movie? It is very clear that these people are trying to silence my criticism. For those who don’t know, Martin Penny is the Executive Producer of House of Numbers and a multimillionaire from Leeds who used to be the CEO of GHD. What’s interesting is that Martin is now a chairman at OHS Ltd – one of the leading health, safety and environmental consultancies who have worked for the NHS.
To recap, one of the chairmen for a company that advises the NHS is an AIDS denialist who is actively trying silence me.
If you think this is unacceptable can I ask that you share my story to anyone who will listen.
Multiple DMCAs have been filed against me in order to silence my criticism of the movie House of Numbers. It appears that Liam only removed his DMCA to allow Martin Penny and the people at Knowledge Matters to file theirs.
If these people had anything of merit to say, they would not have to silence a relatively unknown YouTuber.
A false DMCA has been filed against one of my videos by the AIDS denialist, Liam Scheff.
The videos I have been making over the past 2 months, critical of the documentary House of Numbers, are non-profit and made for educational purposes. They are protected under fair use and thus, by filing a DMCA against one of them, Liam Scheff has opened himself up to legal action.
Unfortunately, the only way to counter the DMCA at the moment is to allow YouTube to send all my information to Liam. As you can imagine, the thought of giving my details to this man is not very appealing. Instead I am going to take this time to re-edit the video and then re-upload it. If Mr Scheff decides to DMCA it again then I will take this further.
Also, the irony of Liam silencing me in order to protect his bat shit crazy ideas – whilst at the same time screaming to the high heavens that people like him are being repressed, is not wasted on me.